Conducting thoughtful research on companies allows you to develop yourself as a strong candidate throughout all parts of the career process: from identifying target companies to preparing yourself to show as informed, passionate and deeply interested in the companies you are meeting with for networking and interviewing.
Company research can help understand their place in the industry, the company culture to determine your fit within the organization, and to impress the hiring team with your knowledge and commitment to their business and its needs.
Check out these articles and resources to get you started and schedule an appointment with your coach here in Handshake.
- Mining the Web for Company Intelligence
- The Ultimate Guide to Researching a Company Pre-Interview
- Find Your Employer Match on Handshake
Researching companies is one dimension to your market research. See resources below for other aspects.
- First Research (library database)
- Mergent Intellect (library database)
- Book of Lists (link through Phoenix Business Journal)