Want to investigate a certain career, research a company, learn more about an industry, and build your network? Meeting with someone who has first-hand experience is an ideal way to do so.
Informational Interviews are meetings you hold with a professional to:
- Introduce yourself
- Ask questions to gather information about different job fields/roles/companies
- Build relationships with people who can provide information and advice
- Expand your network and gain access to future opportunities.
To learn how to invite a professional to do an informational interview with you and also how to conduct one successfully, checkout the following links. Be sure to also ask your career coach about setting up a simulation to practice and making an appointment in Handshake.
- How to Ask for an Informational Interview
- 3 Steps to a Perfect Informational Interview
- Informational Interviewing with 2 Hour Job Search Author Steve Dalton