When you made the decision to earn a business degree, you may have only had a general idea of the type of opportunities that existed in your field of study. We know you have limited time and resources, and our experience would say that exploring your areas of interest and available options to set specific goals is the first step. Setting a strategy to narrow your professional destination will ensure you don’t get lost along the way, and instead will go to market confident with a clear understanding of where to put your time, energy, and resources.
As you begin to explore, working with your coach you will consider:
- What are two or three industries you find compelling?
- What are the market trends within these industries?
- What skills are necessary to be competitive in the market?
- What function do you see yourself performing in the future?
- Do you have a passion that leads you to a specific role in a company?
As you conduct your market research, be sure to access the plethora of resources available to you, including the career management website, handshake, career courses, and of course the career coaching team.
Schedule an appointment with your Career Coach to map out where you are on the Career Management model and begin to chart your course to success.