Be strategic during your first year as a Full-time MBA student.
When it comes to managing your career beyond your Full-time MBA, W. P. Carey Career Management and Employer Engagement will work with you every step of the way — beginning before you even take your first class. Get started with resources, opportunities, and connections relevant to your first year in the program.
1st year highlights
Full-time MBA students participate in a combination of career courses, programming, events, and other opportunities throughout each year of the program. Get a sense of what to expect from your first year, and prepare to engage from day one.
- Career Journey
- Key Decisions & Actions
- July to September: Career decision-making, research, and goal setting
- October to December: Networking and interview prep, go to market
- January to March: Networked job search
- March to July: Regroup and just-in-time job search
- July to September: Career Bootcamp/Orientation, formal assessment of seminars, Mock Interview Day, WPC 502 (Career Coaching Q1)
- October to December: OCR begins (key milestone), formal one-on-one check-ins, Market Feedback Session
- January to March: WPC 502 (Career Coaching Q3), Company Networking Night prep, CPT sessions, formal one-on-one check-ins
- March to July: Job Club begins, WPC 584 (Internship)
- July to September: Decide concentration, set career goals, post public resume
- October to December: Participate in formal recruiting, OCR offer deadlines
- January to March: Re-evaluate job search strategy
- March to July: Re-evaluate career goals, evaluate offers and negotiate
- W. P. Carey MBA candidates stand out in the market. Explore internship outcomes from previous class years.
Identify your concentration
Identify your Full-time MBA concentration as early as possible, so you can hit the ground running in your internship. Created for Full-time MBA students in their first year at W. P. Carey, these dedicated concentration communities provide curated resources and guidance to inform your path forward:
Business Analytics Consulting Entrepreneurship Finance Information Management Marketing Supply Chain Management