Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future.
Over the last 50 years, our innovations have fundamentally changed how the world works and how people interact with each other through technology. Applied Materials help make products such as computers, mobile devices and flat panel displays not only possible, but also affordable for millions of people around the world. Our expertise in materials engineering is at the foundation of the incredible breakthroughs turning future trends such as artificial intelligence, big data, autonomous vehicles, AR/VR, and the Internet of Everything, into realities.
We align who we are and what we stand for as a company with what matters to our employees and their communities. Our purpose drives everything we do. It is shaped by our values and reflected in our actions. From the well-being of our employees and their communities, to our sustainable business practices and corporate governance, we are focused on building a better future.
• We are dedicated to conducting our business in an environmentally and socially responsible way, taking action to protect the health and safety of workers, customers and neighboring communities.
• We are committed to making strategic investments around the world in education, civic engagement, the arts and the environment to improve the communities where we work and live.
• We are steadfast in attracting, developing and retaining a global workforce and respecting the local cultures of the regions where we do business.
• $14.6 billion revenue
• $2.1 billion R&D investment
• ~22,000 employees
• >100 locations in 18 countries
• Headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley
• ~13,300 patents