AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision spending your summer working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders, all while gaining world-class experience in one of the most dynamic organizations in the pharmaceutical industry. This is a reality for participants in the BTS Internship Program at AbbVie.
BTS Internship Program Description
As an AbbVie intern, you will participate in a paid 10-12-week summer program that involves social and development activities, along with paid housing and shuttle services for eligible students. You will work on meaningful assignments that have a real impact on our business and patients worldwide, while also combining technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem-solving.
AbbVie’s worldwide business offers you an opportunity for a variety of potential work experiences that are aligned to a variety of functional areas, including:
- Business Analytics
- Project Management
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Application Technology
- Emerging Technology
- Design & Architecture
- Digital Technology
- Information Security
The majority of BTS Interns will be placed in Lake County, IL though there is a possibility of being placed within any U.S. AbbVie or Allergan Aesthetics location. Placements will be based on business need and individuals’ preference. Throughout the summer, there are planned development and networking activities, along with AbbVie-sponsored housing and shuttle services for eligible students.
AbbVie strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for the Business Technology Solutions Development Program (BTSDP). AbbVie’s BTSDP is a two-year rotational program with three separate work assignments. The rotations are carried out in a variety of areas that include managing projects, technical development, systems analysis, and business process review. The goal of the program is to identify and develop AbbVie’s future BTS leaders.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in related discipline:
- Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, User Design, Business Administration with a minor or concentration in one of the above fields; or related fields
- Completed at least two years of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- School or work experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ideal candidates will combine technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem-solving abilities
- Previous internship or related experience
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.