AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Business Technology Solutions Development Program Description
AbbVie’s Business Technology Solutions Development Program (BTSDP) is a global two-year rotational leadership development program. Throughout the three diverse and challenging eight-month rotations, the BTSDP member will develop their technology and business problem-solving skills while gaining a deeper understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry to create value for AbbVie’s patients. The program provides aspiring Business Technology Solutions professionals a range of unique experiences while addressing the business needs of today to help shape them into future business leaders of tomorrow.
You will spend two years as a full-time salary employee in the program, completing three separate professional work assignments geared towards the following potential opportunities:
- Business Analytics
- Project Management
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Application Technology
- Emerging Technology
- Design & Architecture
- Digital Technology
- Information Security
The majority of BTSDP members will be placed in Lake County, IL for their first rotation, with the possibility of an initial placement or rotation in any U.S. AbbVie or Allergan Aesthetics location. Global placements are also possible. Placements will be based on business need and individuals’ preference.
- Must be currently enrolled in university and completing final year of studies in a discipline listed below:
- Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, User Design, Business Administration with a minor or concentration in one of the above fields; or related fields
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree
- Previous internship or related experience required
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Ideal candidates will combine technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem-solving abilities
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.