AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Field Force Effectiveness Team:
The Field Force Effectiveness (FFE) Team partners with U.S. Commercial and other stakeholders for increasing the operational effectiveness of in-field teams by implementation of new tools, business processes and continuous improvement of those that already exist. This group also assists in managing the change that results from new business needs, processes, or technology, including coordinating efforts with stakeholders such as HR, Learning and Development, etc. Core FFE capabilities include Field Tools, Call Planning, Incentive Compensation, Territory Alignment, Targeting, Training, Operational Support, Compliance Operations, and It’s About Time.
Key Intern Deliverables:
- Develop and Implement launch plans for Sypher tool
- Deliver FFE Drivers priorities for FFE team
- Project manage AbbVie & Allergan integration activities & develop rollout plan/communication
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
- A highly matrixed environment and working culture
- Challenges that exist with Field Force Effectiveness and problem-solving in this area
- AbbVie Brand Field Teams – key drivers of the AbbVie US Commercial business
- How business operations support is provided to sales customers
- How tools support business operations
- Sales Planning & Field Analytics
- Impacts of acquiring and merging two large pharma businesses
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be a highly motivated individual – self-directed, willing to make decisions with less than perfect information, ability to think big and push norms.
- Must have strong written and interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various levels/grades within the organization.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.00
- Must be currently enrolled in university, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Industrial Engineering or other related field of study
- Must be enrolled in university the semester following your internship and graduate within 1-year post internship.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. extracurricular activities or projects)
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.