AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Finance Development Program Description
AbbVie’s Financial Development Program (FDP) consists of four rotations over two years to prepare you for financial management roles. The roles are crafted to help you develop exceptional functional and leadership traits by working on a wide range of projects, while providing exposure to different leaders in the company. These finance experiences will develop you and put you on the fast track to future finance leadership opportunities at AbbVie. The rotations are carried out in a variety of functional areas such as: Commercial, Operations, Research & Development, and Corporate. You will also get experience by working cross functionally in a matrix environment, building your business acumen, and participating in key training sessions.
Additionally, throughout the course of the FDP, each FDP will gain exposure in Cost Accounting through required Cost Accounting training modules and skill building opportunities.
You will spend two years as an FDP, during this time you can expect to complete four separate professional work assignments within roles such as:
- Financial Analysis
- Budgets, Plans Forecasting
- Reporting & Controls
- Manufacturing Operations Accounting
The majority of FDP members will be placed in Lake County, IL for their first rotation, with the possibility of an initial placement or rotation in any U.S. AbbVie or Allergan Aesthetics location. Global placements are also possible. Placements will be based on business need and individuals’ preference.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in related discipline: Finance; Accounting
- Minimum of 3 Accounting courses completed (3 credit hours each) upon graduation
- Willingness to do 1-2 six-month rotation(s) outside Lake County, IL
- School or work experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Data Analytics
- Minimum of one internship (or related work experience) in Finance or Accounting
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Dual major or minor in a related field is a plus
- Demonstrated Leadership in school or student organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and project management skills
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.