AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As an AbbVie Marketing Associate intern, you will participate in a paid, ten-to-twelve-week summer program, working on meaningful assignments that have a real impact on our business and patients worldwide.
AbbVie’s Commercial business offers you an opportunity to work on supporting cross-functional or brand team initiatives in the following:
- Marketing – Teams responsible for leading brand strategy and tactics to educate and promote AbbVie products to key stakeholders (Healthcare Professionals, consumers, vendors and agencies)
- Commercial Analytics – Support brand marketing teams by pulling big data into insights. Consult with key stakeholders to formulate strategy, identify potential tactical initiatives, enhance promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring/improving brand team execution.
- Commercial Excellence – Support marketing and sales training initiatives (new hire training, brand launches, national sales meetings) with key stakeholders of Integrated Brand Teams (Marketing, Medical & Regulatory Affairs, Health Economics, Market Access, Sales Planning, etc.).
- Commercial Operations – Support analysis, tools, business processes, training programs, communications, and information that drive and/or enhance sales force effectiveness. Role will provide in-depth exposure and understanding to how sales teams operate.
Past examples of internships have included:
- Marketing or Market research innovation recommendations for an existing product or product launch
- Commercial role journey – researching existing role responsibilities and recommending process improvements
- Creation or new promotional or educational marketing materials
- Work with members of cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Market Access) to create new onboarding or training materials
Internship placements – Selected candidates will be placed on teams based on role fit (background and interests), business need, and internship preference.
Interns will be placed in the AbbVie Headquarters office in North Chicago, Illinois.
- Must be currently enrolled in university, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Healthcare or a related field.
- Must be enrolled in university the semester following your internship and graduate within 1-year post internship.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. extracurricular activities or projects)
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher preferred
- Basic healthcare or biotech industry knowledge
- Basic/Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Excellent problem-solving, written, and verbal skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and project management skills
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative and integrity
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.