Environmental Health and Safety Intern
EH&S Intern will acquire a robust experience in applying classroom knowledge and theory to practical field applications. There will be active engagement in establishing relationships with Colleagues. They will get to learn facility Environmental & Safety aspects (Policy, Operation Permits, Programs & Procedures), shadow Supervisors and Operators to learn plant operations and equipment, Network with Plant, Area and Regional EH&S members, Participate in weekly EH&S calls & meeting, network with engineering interns, and more.
- Provide EH&S leadership covering the following:
- Incident Investigations and Case Management
- Colleague EH&S Training (Orientation, Tool Box Meetings & Monthly Training)
- Colleague Engagement
- Plant Inspections
- Issuing Permits, assisting in JSAs and procedures
- Manage Plant EH&S Programs, SOPs and provide updates at necessary
- Learn and utilize A2E principles in daily work
- Utilize Sphera & ERL (System) to enter incidents, understand requirements, training and date analysis
- Collaborate on continuous improvement with procedures & physical conditions
- Be involved in EH&S Committees & PE Safety Pillar Teams
- At the completion of the program, deliver a project overview to a cross-functional location team
- Strength with ADM core values: Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Resourcefulness, Teamwork, Responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong cross-functional collaborator
- Fluency in English required
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or Environmental Studies
- Completion of Sophomore (intern) or Junior (intern or co-op) year
- Current GPA of 3.0+
There’s a place at ADM that will engage your mind, stimulate your professional development, and satisfy your hunger to make a vital difference. Are you ready to find a place to feed your passion?
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.