Staff Auditor (College Relations) – Decatur, IL
Internal Audit is seeking outgoing and goal-oriented professionals who are excited to learn and share standard methodologies throughout ADM businesses. The initial focus is to be a strong Audit team contributor while learning business objectives, risks to meeting objectives, and controls to mitigate those risks. Within a brief period of time, this role will develop knowledge of Internal Audit techniques and the ability to lead teams while continually tackling more complex assignments.
Project work can include:
- Reviewing activities related to any operations within ADM’s value chain, including crop origination, manufacturing, sales, and transportation
- Supporting and governance functions such as accounting, compliance, and shared services
This role offers broad exposure to ADM’s operations, continued growth within Internal Audit, and experience that is valued if career goals include moving into other areas of the business. Internal Audit’s role is to assist ADM management by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to make valuable contributions and improve the organization’s operations. This is achieved by utilizing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve effectiveness of our organization’s risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any business-related field, with a minimum of nine Accounting hours
- At least 15 semester hours of Accounting/Auditing courses within two years of employment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to make decisions independently and leadership skills
- Ability to breakdown complex problems
- Desire to work in an effective team environment
- Ability to successfully work through conflicts
- Interest in and ability to learn the agriculture industry, commodity trading, and basic geometry
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time, including potential international travel
- Ability to climb ladders up to 100 feet
- ADM requires successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
There’s a place at ADM that will engage your mind, stimulate your professional development, and satisfy your hunger to make a vital difference. Are you ready to find a place to feed your passion?
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.