Team Member needs to be located in Bakersfield or Riverside, CA.
The BILINGUAL (Spanish) HR Generalist will provide generalist support to one or more functional areas of Human Resources, such as recruitment, staffing, human resources administration, team member relations, compensation, benefits, training and or EEO AA. Process a variety of applications, employment, benefits enrollment, pay change, informational and other confidential forms including payroll. Maintain and distribute current employee information, policy and procedure manuals and other communications. Perform duties involving employee communications, such as pre-employment screening, responding to routine questions on human resource policies and procedures, identifying and investigating potential issues and complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate employee information such as new hire data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason
- Identify and investigate employee concerns related to human resources and employee relation activities to the facility HR manager.
- Support and advise facility management in appropriate and legal resolution of Team Member relations issues
- Conduct investigative interviews when necessary and report findings to Sr. HR Manager. Manage employment process to include recruit, interview, and select Team Members to fill vacant positions
- Perform reference checks, coordinate drug testing and other relevant activities associated with the new hire process
- Coordinate and may conduct new Team Member orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Coordinate employee file maintenance with Human Resources Manager to document personnel actions and to provide timely information for payroll and other uses
- Serve as point person for resolution of Team Member issues and concerns on off shifts and weekends.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs from front-line team members
- Administer performance review and wage salary administration program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization
- Assist with the administration of benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and Team Member assistance
- Coordinate and represent organization at personnel-related hearings
- Coordinate and administer D.C. Team Member recognition programs.
- Compile data and prepare reports as directed for Sr HR Manager. Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to focused on positive Team Member relations to ensure a safe, equitable work environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to operate a personal computer and Microsoft Office software
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or Three to five years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
DC Address: 34928 Mcmurtrey Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93308