Location(s): Phoenix, Arizona (AZ) Sherman Oaks, California (CA) Centennial, Colorado (CO) Shelton, Connecticut (CT) Maitland, Florida (FL) Atlanta, Georgia (GA) Columbus, Georgia (GA) Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN ) Meridian, Idaho (ID) Carmel, Indiana (IN) Boston, Massachusetts (MA) Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (FL) Rockville, Maryland (MD) Creve Coeur, Missouri (MO) Adison, Mississippi (MS) Charlotte, North Carolina (NC) Watertown, South Dakota (SD) Fairfield, New Jersey (NJ) Albany, New York (NY) Vestavia Hills, Alabama (AL) New York City, NY (NY) West Chester, Ohio (OH) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PA) Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania (PA) Columbia, South Carolina (SC) Houston, Texas (TX) Plano, Texas (TX) San Antonio, Texas (TX) Glen Allen, Virginia (VA) Bellevue, Washington (WA) Madison, Wisconsin (WI)
Performs assigned duties under the direction of experienced personnel to gain knowledge and experience in preparation for full time professional opportunities
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides assistance and works on specific projects within the assigned business unit; may assist with ad hoc projects related to the industry, and/or business unit processes
• Collects, organizes, analyzes, and prepares reports for management; assists team in identifying process improvements
• Continuously develops analytical, project management, leadership, presentation, and other business skills by involvement in strategic projects and work assignments
• Receives training and performs duties in assigned business unit to become familiar with division functions, operations, management skills or style, and company policies and practices affecting each phase of business
• Observes experienced personnel to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties
• Participates in roundtable feedback discussions to interact with other participants and to offer program improvement ideas
• Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Actively pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Knowledge & Skills
• Basic administrative and organizational skills
• Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility, flexibility in acceptance of assignments; exhibits dependability
• Proficient in major PC applications, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Internet access
As an Aflac Recruiting Intern, you’ll learn how to:
• Develop and support strategic recruiting initiatives that contribute to a quality and diverse candidate pool.
• Leverage social media and online networking works to generate awareness for open positions.
• Use a CRM system to track and support applicants throughout the different stages of the recruiting process.
• Conduct information sessions, pre-screening calls and interviews for qualified applicants.
• Increase the favorability of the candidate experience through consistent and professional communication.
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations