Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek – so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Research Laboratories is seeking a hardworking, experienced, and skilled researcher to join the multidisciplinary team to help invent, design, develop and apply innovative solutions for the next generation smart and connected analytical laboratory supporting life science research and clinical diagnostics.
In collaboration with other members of the team, you will focus your research on areas such as innovative, conversational user interfaces to a diverse set of heterogeneous, internet-connected devices and workflows in the context of the laboratory of the future. You will base your actions on your expertise in computer science, modern human-computer interfaces, the latest advances in natural language understanding, and Cloud technologies.
You will communicate progress, results, challenges and opportunities to management and technical leadership, to selected external organizations and collaborators, and, when appropriate, to the general scientific community via presentations at scientific conferences and in peer-reviewed publications.
In this role you will help Agilent Laboratories continue its track record of powering the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology, crafting business advantage through high-impact technology, driving market leadership and growth in Agilent’s core businesses, and rapidly growing Agilent’s measurement footprint into adjacent markets.
- Ph.D. or equivalent research experience in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction or other related fields.
- +2 years of experience in Human-Computer Interaction design and implementation in voice or multi-modal interfaces.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing/Understanding.
- Expertise and proficiency in using Amazon Web Services or other Cloud platforms.
- Experience with Docker or other container platforms.
- Self-motivated researcher able to work from broad objectives, detailed oriented and with strong problem-solving skills.
- Innovation and scientific contribution, e.g. as shown by peer-reviewed journal publications.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and openness to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Scientific background and a good understanding of analytical laboratory instrumentation.
- Understanding of Agilent measurement instrumentation and measurement technologies underlying Agilent products.
- Experience with data exploration and statistical analysis using modern languages, such as R and Python.
- Experience developing machine learning and deep learning models using last trend tools, such as scikit-learn and PyTorch.
- Experience with browser-based interface frameworks, such as React.
- Experience producing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing production software in a corporate environment or delivering research prototypes to such organizations.
Geo Location: Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.