Allegiant is a Ultra Low Cost Airline with over 100 Airbus A319/A320 aircrafts in its fleet and flying to over 130 destination in the US. Allegiant Material Services Department is responsible for the purchase of over $50.0M worth of Aircraft parts and uses latest EDI technology to do market research and purchases. Allegiant is adopting newer technologies and plan to implement a new ERP system and would therefore would like invest in hiring bright young energetic individuals, who have a sound educational background, experience and passion for aviation. We believe in providing the necessary training to all new hires and provide them with ample growth opportunities based on their performance.
Assure the parts and materials required to perform aircraft maintenance are available to each assigned line station through stock transfers or procurement. Inventory levels should be monitored and parts should be transferred, expedited from repair, borrowed and/or purchased as needed to replenish supply. Parts and materials required for maintaining the fleet should be made available in a timely manner, balancing high quality and lowest achievable cost. Buyers create and present reports to upper management, as necessary.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Education Details: In an Aviation-specific program, Finance, Data Science or Analytics, Engineering or Business discipline will be accepted in lieu of the minimum experience requirement.
Years of Experience: Minimum of two (2) years related experience as a Buyer, Purchasing or Procurement Agent, Commodity Analyst, Repair Analyst, etc. Applicable experience repairing off-wing components and understanding of commercial requirements will also be considered.
Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient in MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
Occasional travel is required.
• Familiarity with engineering, finance, accounting and statistics is desirable.
• Aircraft Systems and AIS Knowledge desired.
• Ability to develop and process analytic information.
• Ability to work under pressure in a Team environment.
• Source and procure parts and materials for Line Maintenance and Heavy Check requests.
• Part requests should be evaluated for accuracy, clarity, and completeness (special attention should be paid to primary/alternate part numbers, aircraft effectivity, required documentation and deadlines), and responded to in a timely fashion.
• Procure parts in the manner that is most beneficial to Allegiant. Conduct inventory analysis and initiate transfer of available stock, expedite from repair vendor, execution of a loan/borrow agreement, or submit RFQ for purchase or core exchange from vendor.
• Submit RFQs using sourcing programs such as Aeroxchange, ILS, or PartsBase to gather quotations in accordance with SOX guidelines, then contact vendors to expedite results.
• Upon receipt of vendor quotations, analyze cost, repair tag details, part condition, and lead time.
• Select the quotation that is the most efficient and cost-effective for meeting Allegiant operational deadlines.
• Generate inventory purchase orders.
• Perform logistics analysis to determine the most appropriate method of shipment.
• Requests should be analyzed for comail transfer opportunities, FedEx, freight, international, or courier movements.
• Send transfer directive to a station or vendor sending a part; specify shipping information, anticipated arrival times along with any special packaging or documentation needs.
• Communicate part status, PO numbers and expected arrival times of parts to the requestor.
• Maintain Part Status documentation.
• Record transaction data in a MS Access database.
• Update database entries as actions are taken and verify current status.
• Manage open orders to ensure they are received into stock within agreed time frame.
• Ensure components that are on order are tracked and updates are made to the database in a timely manner.
• Expedite open orders as appropriate to support company stocking positions.
• Follow-up on open orders to ensure a smooth flow through the purchasing process.
• Manage procurement of aircraft material for Allegiant. Gather pricing for upcoming projects including supplier information and part number clarification.
• Manage and coach vendor performance to ensure the company is getting the highest quality service at the least cost.
• Measure Vendor performance: help develop key performance indicators, monitor stock availability, delivery, paperwork, warranty issues, responsiveness, bad from stock, etc.
• Identify performance gaps, work with Suppliers to determine root causes and develop and implement effective solutions. Follow-up on implementation plans to ensure compliance and positive results
• Negotiate contracts and agreements that are beneficial to the company. Develop and maintain business relationships with suppliers used by Allegiant and cultivate new opportunities for procurement and savings.
• Identify operational trends and cost drivers, measure quality and calculate yields. Develop relevant financial and operational metrics for decision making and monitoring of key performance indicators.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Remote Work/Return to Office Protocol
For most Corporate based roles, Allegiant has created a phased approach to return Team Members back to our Headquarters campus based on specific duties/roles. The timeline of each phase depends on federal and state guidance, and most of our Corporate Team Members are expected to work-from-home until their specific phase is called to return. During the recruitment process, the status of the return-to-work phase of the role will be discussed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers