Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Analytics Team
At Arity, our Data Science team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. We not only know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties; we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. On our team people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products to make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
This role is responsible for the use and development of data infrastructure projects & proof of concept business solutions for users in analytics and Data Science. This person works directly with data scientists and analytic engineers on needs and tactical solutions. This role will execute new data engineering work tracks for Data Science and analytics from inception and prototyping to fully developed solutions.
- Work with Data Scientists and business partners on cross functional teams; developing subject matter expertise in the business as well as advanced analytics.
- Provide support on requirement development for analytic data sources, breaking down business problems into solvable components and assist with documenting requirements with minimal supervision.
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Help develop and deliver the data infrastructure required to support needs of predictive modeling and analytics with minimal supervision.
- Builds test scripts, executes testing, works with data scientists and business to ensure end user acceptance
- Leverage “agile” data analysis with technology fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and technologies (i.e. Oracle, MongoDB, SQL, Python, Spark, Kafka, Scala and Hadoop), paired with a high degree of analytic agility to be able to meet fluid and dynamic business needs in this space.
- Participate in the development of enterprise data assets, information platforms or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding the data.
- Participate in the development of new concepts, proof of concept designs, and prototypes for business or research data solutions so that business users or predictive modelers may visually understand and explore a new feature or functionality before implementation to expose design assumptions and drive ideation.
- Mentor other team members in a business technical environment and promote an environment that supports innovation and process improvement.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations- None
- Database development knowledge and experience (i.e. SQL)
- Programming skills (i.e. Python, R, Java)
- Computer Proficiency in Oracle, UNIX/Linux
- Intermediate Analytic, Data Sourcing, and Data Management skills
- Ability to extract data from various data sources.
- Solid experience in time and task management
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
Compensation range for this position is $84,000.00 – $94,000.00 per year, based on experience and qualifications.