Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Analytics Team
At Arity, our Data Science team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. We not only know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties; we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. On our team people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products to make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
This is a Summer 2022 internship for students currently enrolled in a degree program. This role is responsible for the use and development of data infrastructure projects and proof of concept business solutions for users in Analytics and Data Science. This person partners with others on work with data scientists and analytic engineers on tactical solutions. This role will participate on new ETL work tracks for Data Science and Analytics from inception and prototyping to fully developed solutions. This is a highly dynamic position that requires a greater degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources. This role requires close integration and partnership with the Data Science team and requires business acumen in order to output the best technical solutions.
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to Data Analytic problems combining technical expertise with analytics and business knowledge
- Work with Data Scientists and business partners on embedded cross-functional teams; developing subject matter expertise in the business as well as advanced analytics
- Execute on requirements to develop analytic data sources for use by Data Scientists, research, and business users
- Execute rapid development of new data work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Leverage and enhance the data infrastructure required to support needs of Data Science and Analytics
- Builds test scripts, executes testing, works with data scientists and business to ensure end user acceptance
- Leverage data analysis with technology fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and OLAP technologies (SQL or Hadoop MapReduce)
- Contribute to an environment that supports innovation and process improvement
- Contribute to the development of corporate research data files, information platforms or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding the data
- Demonstrate analytic agility to meeting fluid and dynamic business needs in this space
- Target start date: May/June 2022
- Currently pursuing and will be completing a bachelor’s degree in a field such as Computer Science or equivalent skills
- Software engineering experience and knowledge (Python, Scala, SQL, etc.)
- Computer Proficiency in Linux
- Experience in time and task management
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Currently pursuing and will complete a master’s degree or PhD in a field such as Computer Science or Data Architecture
- Development knowledge and experience in Hadoop stack such as Spark or Hive
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and related technology (R, SAS, Matlab) is a plus
The salary for this role will be determined based on the school year you are entering in 2022-2023