Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Finance Team
The Finance Team at Arity does much more than work with numbers—they help us make the right long-term strategic decisions, whether through financial modeling or asking the necessary questions to help our business thrive. As a member of the Finance Team, you can expect to build advanced processes for our young company, help our hard-working team boost profitability, and work together to make Arity a well-oiled machine. This highly iterative group is excited to imagine and execute unique solutions that create growth in the industry, and have a little fun while doing so. Sound like you? Let’s chat!
The Financial Analyst Intern will gain experience reviewing financial results for key products, markets and initiatives. The Intern uses analysis to support creation of a compelling story lines to help deepen business insights.
What You’ll Learn:
- Monthly financial processes for a technology company.
- How to create and update reports in Microsoft Excel.
- The basics of planning and forecasting expenses for the budget year.
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business
- Help prepare and build storyline for financial updates
- Maintain and document financial information
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Assist in developing effective presentations for small groups
Education and Experience
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Rising senior preferred (graduating 2023)
- Familiarity with financialaccounting concepts
- Analytical skills to compile information requiring combinations of data from multiple sources, the ability to work with numbers and formulas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details, and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement, both personally and with work assignments
- Oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
The salary for this role will be determined based on the school year you are entering in 2022-2023