Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Do you enjoy problem solving, quantitative reasoning, and technology? Are you interested in working in a collaborative, friendly environment? If so, we invite you to consider a Summer 2022 internship at Allstate with the Data, Discovery & Decision Science (D3) team! D3 is responsible for supporting other internal business units with a broad range of data, research and analytical projects. With a fast-growing team of highly skilled personnel, D3 provides a unique learning environment through formal training curriculum, mentoring, informal everyday coaching and hands-on training.
In D3, we use mathematical, statistical, and machine-learning techniques to assist in the research and development of pricing and economic models, data-visualization apps, and decision-making tools. We build products and knowledge to help business leaders, agents, and customers make better, data-driven decisions.
The Quantitative Behavioral Science Intern is responsible for using behavioral science and experimental design to understand customer insights, influence change and drive decision-making. This includes the application of behavioral principles in a business environment, the development of rigorous business experiments and the analysis of their results.
- Uses behavioral science and experimental design concepts and methods to achieve business goals
- Leverages existing research to inform recommendations and decisions
- Develops understanding of business problems and constraints to identify the optimal behavioral science and experimental approach
- Develop behavioral science recommendations for designing interventions
- Contributes to design of experiments and analysis of results with inferential statistics
- Generates insights related to customer needs, patterns of behaviors and business processes
- Communicates findings to ensure deliverables and results are well understood
Allstate Internship Program:
- Target start date: May/June 2022
- 12-week summer internship program
- An attractive compensation package
- Collaborative team environment
- Planned intern activities; including lunches with Allstate officers as keynote speakers
- Volunteer/community service opportunities
- Potential to receive possible full-time employment after graduation
- Currently pursuing a degree in a relevant field such as behavioral / cognitive / experimental economics or psychology, marketing, cognitive sciences or related field
- Pursuit of a master’s degree preferred
- Ability to apply principles of behavioral science in a business environment
- Some familiarity with using R or Python programming languages required; interest in learning SQL preferred
- Training in inferential statistics, data analysis and experimental design (A/B testing, power analysis) required; applied experience preferred
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data and to present this data to audiences with various levels of expertise
- Ability to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts
The salary for this role will be determined based on the school year you are entering in 2022-2023