Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. In D3, you’ll be surrounded by 330+ tenacious and intellectually curious colleagues in an inclusive culture that encourages you to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. We are solving some of today’s most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver targeted insurance solutions to our customers. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources and leading-edge technology. Developing ourselves and others is key to our success.
This role will be part of a select cohort of analysts in D3 who will participate in a yearlong program to rotate within the Data Science department as Data Scientists, Data Analytic Engineers, and Business Analytic Consultants. Once you complete the program, you will be placed in a team within D3. As a Data Analyst, you will be learning how to use data to lead decision making and provide business improvements. Over the course of the year, you will gain critical skills that includes:
- Providing analytical and data pipeline solutions, with significant coaching, to develop statistical, machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs and with guidance learn to execute on modeling/machine learning projects effectively
- Communicating findings to team and frontline leadership, and learn to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
- Collaborating with the team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions using data and machine learning/predictive modeling
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job does not have supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience
- BS, MS, or PhD within a highly quantitative/analytical field
- 0-2 years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required
- Aptitude for analytics agility and ability to quickly learn and switch topics
- Ability to learn a variety of tools and languages to achieve results
- Willingness to learn to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts over the course of the program
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of basic analytical terms and data with a disposition to build communication skillsets to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break the statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
The starting salary for this role is $60,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.