Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This is a summer 2022 internship opportunity within the Data, Discovery & Decision Science (D3) Department at Allstate. D3 is responsible for supporting other internal business units with a broad range of data, research and analytical projects. With fast growing team of highly skilled personnel, D3 provides a unique learning environment through formal training curriculum, mentoring, informal everyday coaching and hands-on training. The Data Delivery Product Manager role uses business and technical acumen to find applications of analytics or data to solve business problems across the enterprise.
The Data Delivery Product Manager Intern is responsible for leading execution and day-to-day activities related to building strategic data products. The role works with an agile team to enhance product vision, gather requirements, interview stakeholders and define scope of product features. You will be exposed to Data Domain products that are contributing to Allstate’s competitive advantage in the data space. You will work with some of the brightest minds in business, technology, and D3.
The following are the areas of responsibility the Data Delivery Intern will be exposed to in some capacity:
- Program Coordination: Assists with low complexity projects/products in an Agile framework with an emphasis on measurable, value add deliverables
- Product Management: Participate in daily scrum activities, author product features in tracking tools (JIRA, VersionOne, etc.) and create presentation materials.
- Communication & Change Management: Assists in clear product/project communication to all stakeholders involved regarding scope, timelines, issues, and any revisions to them.
- Relationship Management: Assists in efforts to build relationships and maintain current relationships with business stakeholders both internal and external of D3
- Strategy & Business Consulting: Develops a basic understanding of core business problems and looks for opportunities to use data, data enrichments or advanced analytics.
Allstate Internship Program
- Target start date: May/June 2022
- 12-week summer internship program
- An attractive compensation package
- Collaborative team environment
- Planned intern activities; including lunches with Allstate officers as keynote speakers
- Volunteer/community service opportunities
- Potential to receive possible full-time employment after graduation
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Studies related to business, communication, computer science or data architecture is a plus.
- Possess quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to synthesize data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients
- Ability to support routine analysis
- Effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to assist data and technical projects
- Exposure to both technical and business partners
- Communication of project results and status updates to internal and external leadership
- Exposure to data domain strategy, agile scrum work, and product manager role
- Learning more about Allstate culture and D3 by attending workshops, education sessions and other meetings
- Assisting with developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for a data product
The salary for this role will be determined based on the school year you are entering in 2022-2023