The Direct Channel Marketing Senior Manager will develop and execute conversion-driving marketing to drive insurance quotes and new policies on allstate.com and 1-800-Allstate, as Allstate aims to grow its direct channel exponentially. The senior manager will have primary accountability for developing and executing the integrated marketing acquisition strategy and plan, including constant media, messaging and creative testing and optimization across tactics. This position works across multiple Marketing centers of excellence to execute the plan, including finance, strategy, research, performance media, one-to-one lead gen, SEO, digital/web engagement, social, creative and measurement & analytics. She/he will partner with the brand advertising lead to ensure approach and messaging is on brand and that Allstate elicits a full-funnel consumer experience. Importantly, this position will require tight partnership with the direct channel business leads to ensure marketing is in sync with business goals and product, pricing, technology and other business processes.
- Develop & execute plan to drive exponential insurance policy growth in the direct/digital channel; lead roadmap of plans across short-term and long-term schedule.
- Directly manage campaign effectiveness and ROI of retargeting and acquisition campaigns across digital and non-digital marketing channels.
- Identify opportunities to develop new channels and/or expand existing channels for customer acquisition.
- Integrate with consumer marketing for support on product messaging priorities, creative development and brand/campaign integration.
- Coordinate and gain leverage from digital analytics and measurement team to identify new audiences based on data/segmentation and to support campaign analysis and optimization; review results and optimize frequently.
- Make recommendations for revamping and improving existing direct response and lower funnel programs and tactics, including insurance quote nurture email/mail/calling programs, affiliate marketing and SEO; analyze effectiveness of existing lower funnel online and offline plans, working with a cross-functional team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field; MBA/master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in B2C e-commerce marketing, particularly leading digital acquisition for a consumer retail business
- Expertise managing all online activity in relation to traffic acquisition, sales, conversion and a/b testing and reporting
- Expertise in pay-per-click marketing
- Expertise in analyzing e-commerce trends, financial modeling and forecasting
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
- Digital/Social Marketing (understands how to execute)
- Strong experience presenting to and working directly with executive level leadership
- Global view, comfortable with diversity and complexity (culturally aware)
- Influencing skills (proven ability to persuade others; nuanced decision thinking)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
- Innovative (imaginative thinking)
- Organizational leadership and team development (leads through influence)
- Listening skills (listen first, then respond)
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing (communication excellence)
- Commercial mentality (keen understanding of P&L & financial analysis)