Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do – and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people – with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
Ally Financial is the leading provider of financial and insurance products to the franchised auto dealer industry. Ally is currently seeking dynamic individuals to fill sales positions focused on existing and new clients. Qualified candidates should have a desire for career advancement, completed a Bachelor’s degree and previous proven sales experience preferred but not required. Ally offers a very competitive salary and incentive program, a comprehensive on-going training program, and clear advancement opportunities in addition to continuing education sponsorship and support. Working for Ally is about a career, not just a job. If you are goal driven, can work independently, as well as part of a sales team, and derive satisfaction working in an active, fun, and competitive environment, this may be for you.
· Salary of $62,000 plus incentive plan
· 10-week initial training program with follow-up over the first year
· Training to be a licensed professional
· A clear career advancement plan
· Continuing education funding and resources
· Comprehensive benefits package including 401k matching and discounted stock purchase plans
· A fun place to work!
The Work Itself
· Meet or exceed goals to sell and renew Property and Casualty insurance products to targeted automobile dealership clients.
· Products include Inventory insurance, Garage Package, Cyber liability, and Worker’s Compensation.
· Service responsibilities include evaluating customer insurance needs, responding to inquiries about coverage and loss prevention, and working within the service team to secure necessary documents for renewal and new business applications.
· Build and maintain knowledge regarding automobile dealership operations and the automobile industry.
· Build and maintain insurance technical knowledge around the core curriculum of the CPCU designation.
· Build and maintain knowledge about current insurance markets conditions and competitors.
· Build and maintain sales skills, including proficiency in virtual tools.
The Skills You Bring
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Sales experience is preferred.
· Strong communication skills.
· Demonstrated record of problem-solving, initiative, goal attainment, teamwork, and decision-making skills.
· Adherence to the highest professional standards to emulate Ally’s LEAD values.
· Ability to work with PC applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, WebEx, Salesforce, Sharefile).
· Strong customer service skills.
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on “Doing it Right” and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.