- Alvarez & Marsal is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. Our talent drives our success, resulting in our Restructuring & Turnaround practice becoming one of the largest and most recognized in the industry. Our successes managing some of the largest crises in the world (e.g. Lehman Brothers and Arthur Anderson), as well as preserving iconic brands through restructuring (e.g. iHeart and Gibson Brands) have earned us multiple industry awards such as: Turnaround Management Association’s (TMA’s) 2019 Turnaround of the Year: International Company – Seadrill Limited; TMA’s – 2019 Transaction of the Year: Mid-Size Company – Gibson Brands, Inc. and 2018 Transaction of the Year: Large Company – Performance Sports Group Ltd.
- As a Restructuring & Turnaround Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work alongside professionals recognized as authorities across a diverse set of industries, and with the guidance of the most talented restructuring practitioners, you will drive changes that preserve and create value, impacting the world’s most recognized organizations, and their people.
What will you be doing?
- You will be working closely with companies across a variety of industries to help underperforming businesses navigate their restructuring process and create a lasting positive impact on the organization.
- We advise on every aspect of the restructuring process – from the strategy, to cash conservation/liquidity management, to business plan development and implementation – providing you with a wide range of experiences and projects. Leveraging your resourcefulness and independent judgment, you will help develop solutions to critical problems to improve an organization’s overall performance. You will be applying your analytical skills and deep understanding of accounting and finance to a diverse range of projects in turnaround, restructuring, bankruptcy and performance improvement. Your involvement with these projects will typically include:
- Effectively gathering, analyzing and sorting through large data sets that sometimes can be unorganized and incomplete.
- Creating, analyzing and updating 13-week cash flow models and other financial models.
- Utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications to assist in creating client deliverables.
- Assisting in the bankruptcy preparation and administration.
- Providing research and pitch deck support by utilizing various websites and databases including Debtwire, SEC Filings, Company Websites, Capital IQ, and others.
- Effectively communicating with both clients and A&M senior leadership.
- Working as a partner to our clients by building consultative relationships you will develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s processes, financial statements and key operational performance drivers in order to surface and address key issues, from the big picture to the smallest details. Relying on your ability to communicate and problem solve, you will present your analyses and insights to a variety of audiences.
Who will you be working with?
- At A&M you will have the opportunity to work on the most disruptive restructuring and turnaround projects in the industry and the world. You will be working alongside senior management and a team of experienced A&M professionals from a variety of backgrounds that bring a wealth of industry depth and knowledge. Relying on your ability to effectively handle pressure in stressful situations and prioritize multiple work streams, you will work in a fast paced, deeply collaborative team environment. You will build rapport and develop credible relationships with clients, legal counsel and investment bankers, and be relied on to proactively communicate with your team, external parties and client leadership.
How will you grow and be supported?
- As a Restructuring Analyst, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level by gaining invaluable experience across industries and sectors on a variety of interesting and critical projects. As part of a team, you will be working closely with many experienced professionals who will provide you with developmental feedback and growth opportunities.
- We offer competitive benefits and opportunities to support your personal and professional development. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people drive our growth, so we will provide you with the best available learning and development resources through formalized and on the job training, as well as networking opportunities with restructuring industry contacts (e.g. attorneys, bankers, etc.). Click here to visit our LinkedIn Lifestyle page to learn more about why A&M is a great place work.
- Experience in corporate restructuring, investment or commercial banking, and/or consulting is preferred. A combination of experience in corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus is also desirable.
- BA/BS degree and/or MBA/MS in Accounting, Finance, or other analytical fields.
- Advanced foundation in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Foundational understanding of operational and financial restructuring, debtor and creditor preferred.
- Strong grasp of how to analyze financial statements with ability to design, build and use financial models.
- Ability to work well against deadlines and stay on task while supporting multiple work streams.
- Able to function well under pressure and work independently while understanding when to ask for guidance.
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to think through alternative solutions.
- Strong communication and business writing skills.
- Commitment to living A&M’s cultural values: integrity, leadership, objectivity, inclusive diversity, and fun.
- Willingness to travel 100%.
Diversity & Inclusion
- A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
- It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
- Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.