At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2020 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
· Please list your Undergraduate School and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application.
· Full-time recruitment will occur during September 2021- November 2021.
· This position will start early February 2022.
Accounting – Financial Analyst: Amazon’s global accounting team is searching for financial accounting and audit professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities and also supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. The global internal audit team is committed to the priorities of the Audit Committee and partners with the business to identify and assess risks and opportunities. We are focused on controllership, customer experience, and operational efficiency. As a part of the company’s system of internal controls, we test controls for effectiveness using a disciplined and independent approach and propose controls to mitigate risk.
The program is designed to support the experience requirements for several professional licenses (e.g. CPA) and certifications (e.g., CIA, CISA), and develop a broad set of skills and experience within Accounting through a 2-year rotation program. The program offers structured training and development, networking and comradery opportunities. A Financial Analyst will support both Central Line (e.g. Financial Reporting, M&A, Intercompany), and Business-line Accounting (e.g. Inventory, Payments, Digital) throughout their time in the program. Participants will follow a 6 month/6 month/1 year rotation schedule, and be exposed to financial reporting, month-end close processes, internal controls, analytics, technical accounting, digital initiatives, and new business launches. Preferred applicants have exposure to operational accounting concepts of inventory, procurement, payables, receivables, and revenue. Full-time roles are available in Seattle, WA and Arlington, VA. Location will be determined during the interview process. Successful candidates will bring diverse perspectives and varied experiences (whether from school, life, or past jobs).
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Accounting (or a dual degree/submatriculation master’s degree program you are completing concurrently with your bachelor’s degree at the same school) with an expected graduation conferral date between May 2021-December 2021.
· Ability to think and act strategically and tactically
· Ability to deal with ambiguity
· Solid organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.