At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2020 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
Amazon is looking for smart, analytical, and customer-obsessed undergraduates to help build a world-class shopping experience and serve as the leadership pipeline for our rapidly growing global retail business in the Retail Undergraduate Program.
This program provides an ideal start to a dynamic career path at Amazon for an ambitious candidate who is eager to drive a business. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, an effective communicator, and problem-solver. In this role, you will be driving the business results of your vendors and product subcategories. Your direct responsibility will be to manage performance of a product portfolio. Day-to-day tasks may include developing and growing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, determining promotional strategy, developing marketing programs, inventory management, product launches, and conducting detailed analyses to identify growth opportunities driving sales and margin improvements -among other initiatives. You will also create best-in-class customer experiences, and play a critical role in managing strategic and established brands to drive profitability and topline performance for your category. The Retail Undergraduate Program roles are in the general management career path at Amazon. The general management career path offers the opportunity for advancement into a variety of leadership roles including marketing/merchandising, vendor management, product management, account management and inventory management.
As part of the Retail Undergraduate Program, you will join a cohort of recent graduates in late June 2022 and be supported not only by leadership, but also by a strong network of tenured program participants who were hired in prior years. To help you hit the ground running, program hires participate in a comprehensive onboarding experience and formalized training to supplement on-the-job learning. You will also have access to career guidance and coaching on an ongoing basis. The members of this community are enthusiastic and able to help you grow professionally while encouraging you to have fun in this fast-paced and exciting environment. This is an ideal entry point to chart your own path at Amazon. Successful candidates will bring diverse perspectives and varied experiences (whether from school, life, or past jobs)
· When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.
· Interviewing for these positions will begin early 2022
· This position will start in late June 2022
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with an expected conferral date between between December 2021 and June 2022 and/or completed your degree no more than 12 months ago from expected start date.
· Work, internship, or other leadership experience in a professional environment
· Top-tier academic performance at the undergraduate level
· Internship experience in management consulting, investment banking, tech, or brand management at a leading consumer packaged goods company
· Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities, and relationship or account management experience
· Proven analytical skills
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Experience communicating effectively at all levels of an organization
· Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced environment
· Proactive attitude, detail-oriented, and a team player
· Strong oral and written communication
· Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Experience analyzing data to support decision making
· Computer skills, including Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.