Interns for this role will be expected to report to one of our data center locations in the San Francisco Bay area. This is not a remote position. We have opportunities open in other locations as well; by applying to this role, we will consider you primarily for this location.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Data Center Manager Intern to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team.
We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for college students with high-potential to obtain more experience in people management, strong technical understanding, and vision to take AWS Data Center Operations to the next level. A successful candidate will have experience creating/devising strategies, mentoring people in all levels, sponsoring projects, and proposing technical solutions.
Responsibilities may include
· Manage a data center on the day or night shift.
· Coordinate change management resources.
· Guide, train and educate data staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues.
· Manage and deliver mid-size projects.
· Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs.
· Manage a diverse team of data technicians with varying skills.
· Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
· Write and deliver performance reviews for staff.
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, select interns will receive return full time offers as Data Center Managers. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks, in Summer 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes. This position requires the intern to report to work onsite on a daily basis. Intern schedules are typically day schedules, Monday-Friday. A full time position could involve day, evening, or weekend shifts and on-call rotations.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Actively enrolled in an accredited University pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Networking, Computer Hardware Repair, or related technical field with an expected graduation between December 2022 and Summer 2023.
· Previous leadership experience on campus or in a corporate environment
· Previous relevant IT experience.
· Technical writing experience.
· In the process of obtaining a PMP Certification.
· Previous experience working in a Data Center.
· Previous experience reading and reviewing technical documents.
· Previous experience as an Intern in a corporate environment.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.