At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our Networking Development Engineer offers exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers who love what they do.
· Scale the network across multiple global Data Centers.
· Create and improve simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality of delivery.
· Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
· Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
· Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
You will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Graduate with a Bachelors’ or Master’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related technical field and graduating between
· Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
· Knowledge of IP Networking fundamentals and Routing Protocols such as BGP, OSPF, R&S.
· Experience scripting in languages such as Python, Perl or Shell
· Analytical skills
· Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures
· Able to handle ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges and articulate technical solutions through abstract thinking
· Basic knowledge of MPLS and advantage
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity