The primary role of a Product Manager – Technical Products (PMT) within Amazon is to assume end-to-end product ownership over one of our technical product offerings. PMTs are expected to dive deep into the technology both from a product and customer perspective, working with software engineers and business partners to define, build, launch and grow new technology-driven products and services. These products might be hardware offerings, software or technical services, and customers often include developers, IT departments or enterprise CIOs.
Key responsibilities include:
· Engage with customers throughout the entire product lifecycle
· Ability to build strong technical product marketing and pricing strategies early on in the customer engagement cycle to drive product awareness
· Define and drive creative, detailed product definition of new capabilities
· Engage with customers through a variety of channels, to understand their needs and serve as their advocate
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational load
· Work closely with engineering teams and UX to deliver products to market
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks, starting May/June 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes. Add expected hours if applicable; note if job requires intern to report onsite. Ex: This role requires Data Center Interns to report onsite for daytime hours, Monday through Friday for the duration of the internship.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
· Current MBA student graduating between December 2022 and September 2023
· 3+ years of relevant professional or military work experience which occurred after completing your undergraduate program and prior to starting your MBA
· Undergraduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and/or relevant industry experience working within technology teams
· Experience owning technical product lifecycle, including product roadmap and feature prioritization
· Fluent in a variety of architectures and systems used by their customers and be able to work through and successfully solve technical integration issues for their customer both today and in the future as their technology needs evolve
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.