This position is based in Seattle, WA, US.
Interested in building business relationships with social media influencers, publishers, and content creators? Do you like digging into complex problems with smart, hardworking colleagues who work in teams across Amazon? Are you self-motivated with strong ownership and ability to work through ambiguity to deliver results?
Amazon Canada Associates is seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced business leader to engage content creators and grow the Amazon Canada Influencer program. With its network of over 100,000 publishers, the Amazon Associates program is a global leader in online marketing and one of the largest external paid traffic channels for Amazon. As a customer-obsessed, digital and social media enthusiast, you will develop relationships with top content creators to drive revenue, new customers and awareness for Amazon Canada’s strategic businesses and programs.
Using your deep knowledge of digital and social media and a solution-oriented mindset you will develop opportunities for Amazon Canada’s businesses across the media landscape. You are an excellent oral and written communicator and you possess an analytical approach to business development, leveraging data to drive decisions. You are highly organized and have the ability to work independently. You’re particularly adept at developing strong, one-to-one relationships and working closely and constructively with internal and external partners. You have experience navigating technical and product requirements and adoption and have the ability to influence technical leaders and incorporate technical requirements into negotiations and contracts.
As a leader for this segment within the Associates Canada Team, you:
• Develop, execute, and refine end to end Influencer strategies in partnership with internal stakeholders
• Own quarterly unit and revenue growth objectives for new and existing influencers and content creators
• Pitch, onboard and scale new content creators across digital and social media
• Independently develop strategic recommendations that align with Amazon Canada strategies
• Drive for simplified, scalable solutions for publishers, including identifying new opportunities to drive growth
• Drive special deal terms and negotiations with new and existing publishers/influencers
• Develop strategies to drive awareness and sales around deal and seasonal events
• Partner with Retail leaders to support strategic Amazon Canada businesses
• Work closely with the marketing, program, and product management teams to act as liaison to content creators
• Own data analysis and partner with business intelligence to develop reporting methodologies
• Drive adoption of products for content creators, including tools to implement effective integrations (links, display units, etc), reporting tools, product feeds, etc..
• Effectively evangelize Associates Canada as an opportunity for content creators
• 7+ years of experience in Business Development or Partnership management roles
• Fluency in English and French languages.
• 4 + year in Online Marketing, Ecommerce or Merchandising roles
• Highly analytical and data driven
• Familiarity with the influencer space
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required along with a proven ability to influence others internally and externally to deliver results
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• Sound business judgment and strong analytical thinking
• Expert at identifying and executing successful partnership deals and large scale marketing deals
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience working with lifestyle publishers and/or influencers
• Knowledge of affiliate marketing or online marketing and advertising areas
• Experience working with global product and technology teams
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes