Do you want to be part of an organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on customers and working backwards? If so, the Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Operations Finance team is looking for an experienced leader with a record of achieving results.
Who we are:
The Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations team (GSF) covers a portfolio of businesses with unique fulfillment and operational capabilities such as Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market Online, Amazon Heavy/Bulky, Amazon Business, Same Day Operations, and Locker+. Our Finance teams partner closely with our operations teams to influence the strategic direction of the business, drive operations excellence, and make sound investment and expansion decisions, with the primary goal of continuously improving the customer experience while driving long-term profitability for our portfolio of businesses. Our teams experiment, fail fast, learn, and scale rapidly, and we have a culture of data-driven decision-making.
The GSF Finance team seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to partner with operators on delivery strategy and execution. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following: They influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. They bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. They prioritize the most impactful projects and programs that will drive GSF businesses forward. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
- Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
- With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
- Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
- Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
- You exhibit social responsibility. Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community.
- Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.