This role will start between January 2022 and September 2022. This is a full-time position. Amazon is looking for high-potential leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as a senior human resources assistant (Sr. HRA)! As a Sr. HRA, you will promote and maintain positive employee relations for the associates and managers within our fulfillment centers. If you are excited to help shape the growth of the HR space, apply to join our Amazon Human Resources team as a Sr. HRA! Amazon provides extensive training and development for entry level Sr. HRA’s to learn to become exceptional HR leaders.
Day in the life:
As a Sr. HRA, you focus within HR areas including: benefits and compensation issues, leave of absences, performance management, wage and hour issues, as well as assist with recruitment and retention activities. As an integral part of the HR team, the Sr. HRA will support the HR Business Partner and Manager at one of Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken three major lanes: first mile – where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile – where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile – when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Locations and Placement:
· The position is not a corporate role and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environment
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account personal location preference)
- Employee relations: Encourage positive employee relations through survey management, roundtable facilitation, and employee recognition projects and systems
- Data Analytics: Produce and evaluate reports to assist with labor planning and management. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting
- Compensation and Payroll: Ensure payroll accuracy through audits, reporting, and proactive measures.
- Compliance: Provide policy expertise to clients, manage site drug testing program, and ensure pre and post-hire requirements are completed.
- Internal performance management: Manage on-site transfers, promotions, and hourly hiring from posting, selection, recruiting systems management, and onboarding. Assist client groups with weekly and yearly performance management systems and tools ensuring complete and timely delivery.
- Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
- Willing and able to work any permanent shift that may include overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree with a conferral date between May 2020 and August 2022
- Degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and Payroll Systems and/or HRIS.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and deliver results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For Colorado based jobs: This position starts at $25.00/hr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.