Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
As an intern for the Corporate Controller organization, you will be assisting one of the following functional areas in Phoenix: Revenue Accounting, Accounts Receivable or Payroll.
What you’ll do
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test and document results for system modifications or enhancements
- Assist in the development and documentation of processes and policies
- Assist in the development and implementation of initiatives around process improvement and data cleansing
- Assist in a quality assurance capacity for data and processes
- Assist with accounting/finance job duties which may include: review of accounting/financial statement schedules for accuracy and consistency, preparation of financial statements and footnotes, preparation or review of journal entries, assist with general ledger account reconciliations or supplier account reconciliations
- Perform other general office and administrative tasks as required
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university as an undergraduate or graduate student with interest in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and motivation
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and display flexibility and creativity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Knowledgeable in the use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.