About American Express
American Express is a global financial services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Working With Us
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer lifecycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
The CFRC Product Owner Team is responsible for owning the fraud and risk aspects of new product launches and updates to current offerings. To accomplish this, the CFRC Product Owner Team partners with Global Risk Technologies as well as the Product Teams, Strategy partners and Enterprise Architects (Data/Enterprise/Technical).
Works with managers and directors to design solutions and strategies using predictive models and strategies for American Express Card and Non-Card products. Collaborates with partners on other Risk teams, Marketing, Finance, Global Servicing Network, Legal/Compliance, Banking, and Technologies to create world-class analytical capabilities and solutions to minimize credit and fraud risk and improve customer experience.
• Work with managers and directors to design solutions and strategies
• Perform analytics using data science tools and capabilities to solve business problems
• Incorporate new data sources and capabilities in decision-making
• Work in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework and effectively manage a backlog of competing initiatives
• Assist the product owner with prioritization, story writing, and the Agile ceremonies
• Collaborate with other functional teams across the Risk and Non-Risk groups to use standard methodologies and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the customer journey
Scope of Impact/ Influence
• Deliver projects that result in functional change to a single business product/service or provide support to larger projects that deliver significant change to multiple applications for single business products/services
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, or Engineering
High Performance Behaviors
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Continuous Improvement
Knowledge and Skills
• Independent self-starter that thrives in unambiguous, constantly changing, high-pressure environments
• A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with an ability to drive digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset
• An understanding of what is needed in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Framework and principles
• Good understanding/experience of Big Data environments/technologies
• Ability to query DBs independently using SQL tools for research and analytical purposes
• Thought leadership and solution-oriented mindset
• A desire to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insight to get results
• Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
• Clear and effective written and oral communication skills
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.