At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development.
Business Unit/Role Specific Info
This is a full-time, entry-level opportunity to demonstrate knowledge gained and apply it in a dynamic, high-performing Technology Risk & Information Security team. Responsible for assisting with activities designed to systematically run information security, such as security investigations, intelligence, assurance, and/or other project oversight, including developing standard methodologies for information security standards and handling IT controls and compliance with regulatory guidance.
- Security Incident Response/Threat Intelligence
- Act as the front line of defense at American Express protecting the brand, employees, assets and card members across the globe against threats 24/7/365
- Minimize risk of cyber attacks and focus on detection and response of threats
- Monitor, detect, and respond to security events and incidents that affect AXP globally
- Infrastructure, Application, Network, and Cloud Security
- Drive risk reduction through the rapid identification and remediation of vulnerabilities across the enterprise
- Deliver secure network solutions that enable secure operations and highly available products and services for our customers
- Safeguard AXP data, customers, and brand through continuous monitoring and testing of production application environments
- Data Loss Prevention
- Protect our customers, partners, and colleagues from the loss of sensitive information through normal business processes and/or malicious actors
- Monitor and block sensitive data loss where legally permissible
- Identity and Access Management/Authentication
- Deliver centralized Enterprise Identity and Access Management products
- Provide authentication, authorization, and full lifecycle management capabilities
- Reduce, manage, and monitor risk associated with identity and access to AXP resources
- Cryptography/Encryption Services
- Protect all forms of sensitive information, on all platforms, resulting in protection of the Brand and information assets, and regulatory compliance
- Deliver cryptographic and key management solutions, and manage and operate secure cryptographic platforms
- Drive continuous enhancement to data protection
- Governance, Risk, Compliance
- Bridge traditional boundaries between cyber and IT risk and expanding partnerships with IT and the business to drive risk reduction in the enterprise
- Innovate Risk Management through enhancements in tooling and automation of processes; expand the capabilities of technology risk management
- Extend risk management and control expertise beyond the information security domains into IT development organizations and the business
· Cyber Security education and/or experience preferred
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge or awareness in information security, compliance, assurance, and/or other security best practices and principles
· Bachelors or Masters degree program in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or other related field preferred
· Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
For more information, please visit our career website at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/careers/.
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
1. Click on the link below and select “Apply”
2. Create a new username and password
3. Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf