At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development.
Business Unit/Role Specific Info:
We are looking for Software Engineering Interns to join our 10-week Summer Internship Program, which will provide you with real, on-the-job work experience whilst allowing you to choose from several potential roles within our scrum teams; giving you the skills and experience to help you accelerate in your studies and future career.
Ever wondered what it’s like to work on J.D. Power’s #1 ranked Mobile App and Website?
Do you know what it takes to setup a near real-time transaction anomaly alerting system?
As an American Express Software Engineer Intern, you will work on building global scale software with a host of tools and frameworks. Internship project areas range from machine learning leveraging big data, native mobile applications, backend services, full stack web applications, or UX/UI focused development. You’ll work across our software products, like Spring Cloud and Webflux for reactive Java services, or Node.js driving React web applications and various microservice architectures.
What type of work can you expect?
· Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predict future challenges.
· Develop applications as part of a scrum team.
· Learn technical skills, write code, conduct code reviews and write unit tests.
· Partner with Product Managers, Senior Engineers and Application Architects on your team to conceptualize, build new products and prioritize features.
· Take part in social activities, community service events and projects with other Interns.
· Experience in developing products or projects either in an academic, professional, or personal setting.
· Some entry level software development experience, design, or creative experience.
· Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate work to team members and stakeholders.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
· Students must have a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2024
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
For more information, please visit our career website at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/careers/.
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
1. Click on the link below and select “Apply”
2. Create a new username and password
3. Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf