Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
The Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) organization is looking for passionate, self-motivated and hard-working engineers to be part of a diverse, fast paced and high-energy team. We are seeking Backend Engineers to build high quality, scalable and resilient systems that power our platforms. You will be responsible for developing some of the key components of our platforms, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements. You will be contributing to key and innovative technology which supports major Apple applications, with all the scalability and high-availability requirements that entails.
- Previous internship or job experience in a software engineer position
- Strong Java Programming skills
- Experience developing code in Go and Python is a plus
- Working experience in SQL and NoSQL databases (Mongo preferred)
- Proven experience in Spring and REST
- Enjoys working with and processing large amounts of data and using Apache, Hadoop, and Spark
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services in Java
- For some positions, experience with public clouds may be required (GCP & AWS)
- For some positions, experience working with Big Data, AI/ML will be required
- Demonstrate ability to work well independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills with attention to detail
- Good time management skills and can incrementally deliver to tight schedules
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies, processes and work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
You will design and implement features in applications that enable Apple’s teams to work effortlessly. You will chip in to key and innovative technology which supports major Apple applications, with all the scalability and high-availability requirements that entails. Collaborating with other group’s to lead and deliver elite products in an exciting rapidly changing environment.
To succeed in this role, you are a strong programmer and a creative problem solver, who enjoys learning new things. Strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming are required and you are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities and can collaborate with teams across Apple to ensure features are fully integrated across different platforms.