Are you meticulously organized and highly observant? Join our Information Systems and Technology group and play a vital function on one of two Apple teams: Software and Services and Corporate Functions. From Apple ID to the Apple website to our data centers around the globe, our diverse collection of engineers, designers and creators manage the massive systems and services that so many people rely on every single day. We also build the custom tools that empower other Apple employees to solve problems on their own. Joining this group means you’ll be part of the Apple nerve center. You could play a meaningful role in helping Apple connect with over a billion customer devices around the world. Or you could help over 130,000 employees stay connected with each other and our suppliers. Together, you and your team will help everyone at Apple do what they do best: explore every possibility.
Seeking a hardworking, passionate and self-motivated Database Security Engineer. The dynamic candidate will be willing to accept new challenges in a fast paced environment with responsibility to secure various critical relational and noSQL databases.
- Willing to work under pressure and handle unexpected changes in a highly multifaceted environment
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technology and participate in design discussions as needed
- Understanding of database design and distributed systems at scale
- Ability to build tools and internal applications to discover, evaluate and mitigate security vulnerabilities during development and in production
- Great analytic skills, able to independently troubleshoot issues
- Agile and able to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Be able to work multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
Basic knowledge of Relational, NoSQL and BigData technologies.
Knowledge of High Level Coding Languages like Java
General knowledge of security standard methodologies
Ability to work multiple teams across different geographical locations in different time zones
Knowledge of REST APIs, LDAP, Python, Shell and Powershell Scripting.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Engineering or Equivalent.
Knowledge of security with AWS environment is highly desirable
Hands-on integration of secrets with cloud, Docker, Kubernetes containers is plus
Familiarity with database security concepts (PCI, PII, SOX compliance) is a plus
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.