Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career and there’s no telling what you could accomplish!
The Information Systems & Technology organization produces key business and technical infrastructure at Apple handling orders from the online store, building applications that improve the retail store experience, providing network bandwidth for our services around the world, processing every transaction in iTunes, and closing the books.
From Apple ID to the Apple website to our data centers around the globe, IS&T manages the massive systems and services that so many rely on. They also build the custom tools that empower our employees to solve problems on their own. And that means these engineers are free to do what engineers do best – explore all of technology’s. If you are a born problem solver who enjoys collaborating on the next big thing, we may just have your dream job!
Apple’s IS&T team is focused on building cutting edge solutions and platforms at Internet scale. You’ll be in teams open to continuous learning and be tasked with building full stack solutions.
The systems being implemented are high-demand, operating at hyper-scale and handling extraordinarily large volumes of critical data – some of the largest in the world. The team is looking for software engineers with a strong interest and aptitude in the latest tools, technologies and techniques.
This is a core engineering role where you will be hands-on in coding, building and tuning highly scalable, distributed services that handle large volumes of data.
Some key qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Core Java + Java Frameworks like Spring
- Experience using Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) – Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Knowledge of Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) and tools
- Code Repositories like Git (GitHub)
- Repository managers like Artifactory, Nexus
- Build Automation using Jenkins
- Knowledge of databases
- Relational – Oracle, MySQL
- NoSQL – Cassandra, Couchbase
- Would be nice to have:
- Cache technologies and uses
- Hazelcast, Redis
- Messaging technologies and uses
- Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Cloud (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Domain knowledge or exposure to e-Commerce or related area