Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
The Commodity Business Manager manages supplier relationships and is the voice of Applied Materials to external executives. Responsibilities include:
- Support the development and implementation of supplier capacity optimization strategies
- Negotiate contracts and support the maintenance of agreements with suppliers
- Support the product life cycle process to ensure alignment with commodity strategies
- Engage new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements for the company supply base
- Support resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery, or lead-time
- Act as a final escalation point for supplier issues
- Graduating with a Degree in Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, Product Management, or related field
- Masters or MBA with a technical undergraduate degree preferred
- Good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Excellent listening, writing, quantitative, qualitative, and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact cross-organizationally
- Ability to problem-solve creatively and analytically
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Detail-oriented; ability to multi-task; deadline-oriented
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.