Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
The Cyber Security Engineer is a part of Applied’s Information Security Risk Management group and is responsible for monitoring computer networks for security issues, developing and automating security software, documenting security issues or breaches, performing continuous data monitoring, and maintaining / enhancing the overall Security Center posture. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs
- Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they may cause
- Assists with investigating virus and malware alerts to determine origin and frequency
- Develop security standards and best practices
- Assists with reviewing security log files
- Assists with other information security related duties
- Participate in information security related reviews
- Ensure proper processes are followed and documentation is properly maintained
- Perform analysis of problems (root cause analysis)
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Basic understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts
- Basic information security / information systems methodology knowledge
- Knowledgeable with security control standards
- Unix/Linux knowledge
- Programming/Scripting knowledge
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
- Thrive in a results-driven culture
- Willingness to learn
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.