Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
The Materials Program Manager owns and execute strategic programs to address lead time, cost, capacity, and multi-sourcing strategies. In this role, you will take the lead in driving strategic projects that have a direct impact on the success of Applied Materials. Responsibilities include:
- Use standard tools, dashboards and BKMs to assess supplier capability, overall capacity, ability to support rapid prototyping (NPI), ability to support volume manufacturing, and vertical integration (e.g. parts, cleaning, assembly capabilities) to aid in making sustainable sourcing decisions
- Forecast and communicate engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers
- Complete supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts and monitor supplier performance
- Work with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements
- Actively mediate and partner with quality and engineering teams to resolve supplier quality issues
- Establish new-part lead times, understand long-lead drivers and develop lead time mitigation strategies
- Understand critical parts manufacturing cycle times to drive natural lead time reduction activity
- Work with supplier to identify their ability to expand capacity to support volume manufacturing
- Develop/leverage process maps for critical parts to streamline supply chain and mitigate capacity constraints
- Review bill of materials (BOM) and component pricing and negotiate optimal pricing at various stages of the Product Life Cycle (PLC)
- Present sourcing, cost, lead time reduction, capacity initiatives to key stakeholders, management, and internal customers
- Graduating with a Degree in Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, Product Management, or related field
- Masters or MBA with a technical undergraduate degree preferred
- Must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology exposure, hands on experience preferred
- Data analytics (E.g. advanced excel, working with multiple data sets for decision making)
- Certifications in Six Sigma Green Belt, APICS CPIM, APICS CSCP, or PMP a plus
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.