Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
The Buyer role has full responsibility from purchase order execution to receiving. Projects are complex and relationship driven. Key responsibilities include:
- End to end ownership of material procurement process (order through delivery)
- Quote and procure materials, components, equipment, and services at the lowest cost consistent with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need
- Measure vendors on an ongoing basis and drive for improvement
- Works with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain to recommend new suppliers
- Follows-up on orders, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records
- Negotiate vendor pricing, as appropriate and follow standard purchasing business processes
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Distribution or related field
- Good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Proficiency in developing effective executive reports and presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- Excellent listening, writing, quantitative, qualitative and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact cross-organizationally
- Ability to problem-solve creatively and analytically
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Detail-oriented; ability to multi-task; deadline-oriented
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.