Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
Through the Supply Chain MBA Development Rotational Program, you will rotate through positions in Purchasing, Sourcing, and Commodity Management over the course of one year, all while developing the technical and business skills required to be successful in the Supply Chain organization. In the program, you will experience a blended learning environment which includes mentorship, job shadowing, and expanded networking opportunities with leaders and within our Employee Resource Groups such as the Young Professionals Network (YPN). Participants will have the opportunity to gain high level visibility and create significant impact within a global manufacturing organization.
During a series of rotations, participants will take on full-time responsibility of their functional role, which includes:
· Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers. Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make versus buy analysis. Coordinates demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
· Coordinates product development process deliverables through matrix management of buyers, planners, and production control. Collaborates with engineering team to interpret engineering requirements.
· Assists in supplier price and delivery negotiations. Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, and cost).
· Manages materials change control process. Meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues. Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators. Tracks total landed costs targets.
· Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
· Actively mediates and partners with quality and engineering teams to resolve supplier quality issues for assigned product groups. Escalate issues to relevant escalation paths as needed (Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Technical Program Management, Finance).
· Use standard tools, dashboards and BKMs to assess supplier capability, overall capacity, ability to support rapid prototyping (NPI), ability to support volume manufacturing, and vertical integration (e.g. parts, cleaning, assembly capabilities) to aid in making sustainable sourcing decisions.
· Graduating with an MBA in Supply Chain Management coupled with technical undergraduate degree
· Must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
· Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
· Ability to exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
· Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology exposure required. Hands on experience preferred
· Data analytics (E.g. advanced excel, working with multiple data sets for decision making)
· Ability to interpret engineering drawing specifications/requirements to source parts aligning with sourcing strategy and Supplier capabilities.
· Previous experience in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Manufacturing, Project Management a plus
· Certifications: Six sigma green belt, APICS CPIM, APICS CSCP, PMP a plus
· Flexible and adaptable mindset
· Thrive in a results-driven culture
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.