Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
Through the Supply Chain Development Program, you will rotate through positions in Purchasing, Sourcing, and Commodity Management over the course of 18 months, all while developing the technical and business skills required to be successful in the Supply Chain organization. In the program, you will experience a blended learning environment which includes mentorship, job shadowing, and expanded networking opportunities with leaders and within our Employee Resource Groups such as the Young Professionals Network (YPN). Participants will have the opportunity to gain high level visibility and create significant impact within a global manufacturing organization.
During a series of rotations, participants will take on full-time responsibility of their functional role, which includes:
- Issues RFQs, analyzes proposals, negotiates prices, executes orders, and ensures delivery in support of volume manufacturing requirements.
- Develops strategies to procure components at the lowest cost consistent with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Develops, align, and implement commodity strategies across Applied Business Units.
- Drive resolution to systematic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time.
- Develop and present high-level cost reduction opportunities.
- Present sourcing, cost, lead time reduction, capacity initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Forecast and communicate engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers.
- Provide critical input to outsourcing decisions by performing Make vs. Buy analysis.
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Distribution or related field
- Good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Proficiency in developing effective executive reports and presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- Excellent listening, writing, quantitative, qualitative and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact cross-organizationally
- Ability to problem-solve creatively and analytically
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Detail-oriented; ability to multi-task; deadline-oriented
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
- Thrive in a results-driven culture
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.