We Dream. We Do. We’re actively looking for new dreamers and doers to join our Accelerate to Leadership (A2L) Program. Our A2L program is an early career leadership development program that targets recent college graduates, offering career tracks that provide accelerated development, training, and on-the-job learning nationally across our 8 lines of business. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to take on leadership roles with Aramark while receiving structured program activities and developmental experiences tailored to their career track, such as financial ownership and people management. For the thousands of students and recent grads that call Aramark home, we provide a place to grow, advance and touch lives across a variety of exciting industries and locations. Imagine your impact.
Hospitality & Facilities Management Career Track: As an A2L participant within this career track, you will start in a leadership role within one of our food service, lodging, facilities, or concessions operations in a specific Aramark location. This career track will be focused on bringing a flawless customer experience to life by responding effectively to changing client demands. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and leading unit personnel with production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor scheduling, staffing, employee training and ensuring an exceptional customer experience. You will also perform other functions as required.
This role will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for managing a significant portion of a unit operation
- Assisting the Food Service Director in establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products
- Menu planning and development
- Assist with unit forecast and unit accounting
- Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met
- Coordinates and supervises unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control as well as labor scheduling, staffing and employee training
- Conducts period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards
- Monitors food quality and portion control
- Monitors cost and makes adjustments to prices as needed
- Maintains cafeteria point of sales devices and updates cost information on the registers’ program
- Monitors production needs for the cafeteria and schedules all cafeteria and catering employees
- Develops and implements retail services plan to improve service, quality and profitability of service areas
- Assists with budget process
- Maintains sales records and prepares appropriate reports
- Establishes systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment
- Implements, revises and maintains proper work routines for all cafeteria positions
- Directs work of supervisors
- Solicits customer feedback and suggestions regarding retail services
- Responds to customer complaints to the satisfaction of the customer
- Maintains establishes systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment
- Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations
- Recognizes and adopts retail services appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population
- Bachelor’s Degree required. (Must graduate between December 2020 – August 2021 to be eligible for the FY21 A2L Program)
- There are two start dates for the 2021 Program: February and July. All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program (including any final internship requirements).
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / openness to relocation according to program / business need
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future