Do you have an extreme commitment to safety? Are you a hardworking leader that never settles for less than superior quality? Do you prefer to manage the construction process from outside the trailer? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an exciting, long-term career opportunity. Who are we? We are ARCO, a Family of Construction Companies.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work. Our compensation and benefits package not only supports our associates and their families but benefits local communities and communities around the world.
- Company pick-up truck or truck allowance
- Living and travel reimbursement
- Business expenses and mileage reimbursement
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) OR Generously Funded Profit Sharing
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates’ children up to $28,000 per child
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave
At ARCO, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are committed to building and sustaining a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
From recruiting, training, and hiring practices to selecting our subcontractors, we understand that diversity of all those involved in the construction process enhances our ability to deliver the best solutions to our customers. We hire the best and the brightest from across the country – constructing a team of experts in architecture, design, engineering, project management, and business services.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Attend the post-award review meeting to receive project information and details for preplanning before construction
- Participate with the project manager in preparing a schedule of construction activities and their sequence, the organization structure, staff selection, and the manpower and construction equipment requirements of the project
- Direct and control the total construction project to meet specifications and within the allotted time schedule in an efficient manner to produce the expected profit
- Assist the project manager/engineer in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment and obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples
- Coordinate the activities of subcontractors to permit them to perform their work effectively and to integrate it with project schedules and progress
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes
- Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs
- Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, and other significant reports and documents
- Cooperate with the owner and his representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress
- Cooperate with architects or owner representatives on an amicable basis, but in the long-term interest of the company
- Hold job site meetings with project manager and the regional manager
- Report regularly to the project manager to keep them constantly informed on job progress, plans, and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules
- Maintain a daily diary to permanently record all significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements, and approvals
- Direct adherence to the company’s safety program in all phases and areas of the project
- Make decisions under tight deadlines
- Organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes, making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations
- 0-2 years of construction experience on warehouse, distribution, manufacturing, and/or cold storage projects that are a minimum of 100k sq ft
- 100% willing to travel within the United States
- Computer skills: proficiency in using Word, Excel, Outlook, and project scheduling programs
- Possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license in your state of residence
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are proud to be one of the fastest-growing, privately-owned companies in America, celebrating over 29 years of experience as design-build experts. We have completed over 4,000 design-build projects across 48 states and 29 major cities nationwide. We ranked #7 out of the top 100 design-build companies in the U.S. and #34 on the ENR Top 400 Contractors list of 2021. Most importantly, our clients like us, trust us and want to do business with us. We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for the hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference at ARCO? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you.
ARCO does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO’s Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. ARCO will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers.