Program Summary: APS prides itself in creating an outstanding internship experience for the 50+ interns that join us in business units across the organization each summer. Beginning in May, interns work full-time for 10 weeks and receive competitive pay. In addition to providing meaningful and challenging projects that expand technical skills, the program enhances professional development and fosters a sense of community through: assigned mentors, volunteer projects, organized social events, an executive speaker series, and soft skill workshops focusing on strengths and behavioral styles.
The APS internship program was recognized in 2020 and 2021as a Top 100 Internship Program.
“APS takes the traditional role of intern and transforms it into an experience of personal and professional development. Between the challenging projects in my department and the networking events, there was never a dull moment!” – Former Summer Intern
“I tell everyone who will listen how much I enjoy the work I’m doing, the team I’m working with and the company I’m working for. I’m so grateful to have had this opportunity.” – Former Summer Intern
APS Summer IT Internship Program is looking to create a team of interns for a dynamic and fast pace 10-week training program that provides hands-on experiences and unique opportunities in the areas of Application Development, Architecture, Infrastructure, and IT Resources and Planning.
Program Features and Benefits:
- Challenging, innovative assignments that provide real-world experience in applying business education to short term projects
- Exposure and opportunities to meet with members of our Senior Leadership Team and learn about their personal experiences
- In-depth education on our organization, our industry and how energy companies make money
- A comprehensive understanding of the energy industry and real insight into the variety of IT career tracks that are available within many utility organization
- A dedicated manager and a mentor who will guide you throughout your prospective internship(s)
- The chance to shadow professionals in a variety of disciplines throughout IT
- Professional and personal development activities and ongoing feedback and coaching on performance
- Networking events with peers and members of our management team
- Presentation of your summer project results to our IT Senior Leadership Team and the opportunity to gain insightful feedback regarding your achievements
- Consideration for potential full-time placement upon graduation
Multiple internship positions available in areas such as Applications, Business Intelligence & Reporting, Customer Care & Billing, Design & Spatial Management, Digital Solutions & Delivery, and Enterprise Architecture.
Stop by our table at the next career fair so we can learn more about you and what you’re looking for in a summer internship!
Minimum Requirements: Applicants should be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university degree program and show ongoing achievement in areas of study and training.
How to Apply: Apply through your college job board and APS.com. For more information on the intern experience and what it means to work at APS: visit APS.com/college, follow us on Facebook and check out the APS College Intern Experience: https://youtu.be/5Uzn71dwNUI