We’re looking for an Applications Engineer to join our team in Phoenix. This individual will be supporting our new and existing clients with their hardware needs. This is a great entry-level role for aspiring engineers!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Analyze customer requirements, technical documentation, BOM setup and verify First Article orders are accurate to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Independently develop automated process to configure hardware to meet customer’s technical specifications with existing automation production environment
- Create work instructions used by manufacturing to assemble and configure product
- Analyze technical data to determine appropriate setup criteria for platform programming
- Develop new testing and automation methods for leading edge products
- Daily monitoring and resolution of technical issues and validation of engineering changes that arise from revised requirements.
- Collaborate with field engineering team to identifying new opportunities for continuous improvement, as well as designing and implementing solutions for process optimization.
- Serve as technical leader for major aspects of platform integration and is required to interface with customer’s design engineers to resolve programming issues or to provide technical assistance
- Required to author technical documents such as: Manufacturing Work Instruction, Workmanship Standards, Engineering Bulletins, ECO, FQR and Failure Analysis Reports
- Monitors and reports on productivity along with quality of First Article/Prototype orders
What We’re Looking For
- 4 year Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related study
- Experience working with PowerShell, Python, Pearl or other high level language in a professional and/or academic environment
- Experience with Batch/Bash scripting
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as product data sheets, programing guides, wire diagrams and schematics.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal; ability to create routine reports and correspond with both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Flexibility to change priorities and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Must be able to work autonomously, frequently before and after normal business hours.
Even Better if You Have
- 2+ years of related industry experience
- Ability to write software in C/C++/VB/C# or other high level language
- Strong troubleshooting and technical background in a lab environment
- Previous experience building and configuring desktop and server platforms
- Knowledge of VMware and experience developing automated deployment
- Microsoft and Linux OS development tool knowledge
- Previous experience using Microsoft Windows SDK to create custom images
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$58,500.00 – $71,500.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.